LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port

I am using LV6.0. I have pasted a I/O serial port from somewhere. I have not been able to recreate it. I tried Functions>Instruments I/O > Serial > ? I chose visa configure serial port but it is no use. I tried the other five on the pallete, also no use. Anyone can help me recreate.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,885 Views)
Right click on your front panel. Go to All Controls, I/O, then select Visa Resource Name.
Message 2 of 5
(2,881 Views)
LV 6.0 uses an older set of Serial vis, different from the VISA based serial vis you found from LV7.0 and later. If you copied the vis from a later version of LV, you will not be able to find them in LV6.0.

In LV6.0 you can use the Open Serial Port vi and use the "port numner" instead of the VISA Resource Name. The older serial vis are not VISA based.

Message 3 of 5
(2,854 Views)
Will my program run without errors if I use VISA serial port from LV7 in my program in LV6.0. I need to keep my program in LV6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,849 Views)
You can use those new VISA based serial vis in LV6. All you need to do is install the current version of NI-VISA. During the installation, make sure you select the option to "enable support for LV 6.0", then you will find those VISA vis in LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,831 Views)