LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port doesn't work in installed application

I have a simple vi that reads serial data coming from a device, using the VISA Configure Serial Port vi. The development vi and the executable (.exe) versions work fine on my laptop, but when I install it on another computer, the serial port sees no data and there is no error message. All com port settings are the same between the Configure vi and both computers. I built a stand-alone application then built an installer, then installed it in the second computer and ran the setup.exe. The vi opens and works in every respect except for the serial port. What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,462 Views)
When you created the installer, did you select to include the VISA run-time and VISA configuration support?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,459 Views)
Is the COM port you have selected correct? Are the error clusters in your application all connected so an error will be reported if it occurs?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,454 Views)
No I didn't include them. Didn't know I had to. I have now included them and it works perfectly. Thank you all very much for your help. My thanks to all you people who respond to my questions so quickly. This forum is an invaluable tool for a Labview beginner like me.  I am indebted to you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,443 Views)