LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial for labview

I check the communication by shorting the Tx and Rx pins, the transmitet data receving ok.

So the problem must to be in electronic load himself.

I still traying to understend why the Hiper terminal work fine and labview no 😞

Maybe it possible transmit char by char in labview like in Hiper terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,229 Views)
You have to change the Termination character settings. Default value is Linefeed.

See picture:

André

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 09-04-2007 03:59 PM

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 09-04-2007 03:59 PM

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,223 Views)

I don't now where i mistake , but i tray almast every devices that i can find for sireal communication , no 1 work

😞 this is the end?

HELP!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,206 Views)
I can't view what you did because you posted your VIs in 8.5. It's important to send the correct termination character. In the basic example, there is the \r\n control codes at the end of the command string. These are the CR and LF codes. Are you including these with the command? When you write your own VI, you have to right click on the string control/constant and select '\' Code Display. Did you do this?
Message 14 of 26
(1,198 Views)
Don't they have a LV driver at this site?

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,194 Views)
Vaj said:
The command that i try: *IDSN?     LOAD ON      LOAD OFF

Applying the comments of Dennis to your previous post.

It will become(string in code display mode):

*IDSN?\r\n   LOAD ON\r\n   LOAD OFF\r\n

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 16 of 26
(1,189 Views)
Finaly some progress (:
I take string to write ( componet) from else project and connect it to Visa write in pin for string.
Magicly this is work.
Before this i use string box , i produce it by right click on pin in Visa write -->create-->....
The question of million dollars is: "Why this is no work ? And i don't anderstend the difference between 2 cases".
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,168 Views)
See my answer above. Right click on the string control in the shipping example. It has '\' Code Display enabled. Right click on the string control when you select Create Control. It has Normal Display.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,143 Views)

Hi again to every one1

I attach vi file and jpeg pic of part of the circle.

I have 3 buttons in front panel: current out , voltage out and power out. By pressing the one of the buttons i send unique command and after this command i tray to read answer from port.

The problem is that i read wrong data or button is stack (and labview too) to few seconds. some times i read all message or part of message from last tray of button press.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,109 Views)

With serial communication first write, then wait and then read what is available on the port. Much like

PS. use '\ codes display' for the new line character. 

Bart Boshuizen,
www.morechemistry.com
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,088 Views)