LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial communication works with CVI but not with Labview

Hi everyone

I have an instrument that I communicate with it using RS232.

I tested the communication with CVI 2010 example it works perfectly, but with Labview it is not working.

I am using Labview 2017 on windows 7 and I installed NI VISA 17.5 and NI serial 17.5 drivers.

When I use high light execution I saw that the write function works but no response from the instrument I obtain the error (-1073807339 The timeout expired before the operation was completed), in the read fonction.

I even connect my physical port to a virtual port using another application and I saw the frame that I sent in the second port. I mean I am completely sure that the write function works in Labview.

I tried the VISA Test Panel in NI MAX to verify the configuration but still not working.

Anyone has an idea why it is working on CVI 2010 (Read and write) and not working on LabView and in NI MAX (only write works) ?? 

The port configuration is the same even timeOut value is the same between LabView and CVI.

I used the simpleSerial.vi and the continuous read and write.vi examples both of them don't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,073 Views)

Hi everyone

I have an instrument that I communicate with it using RS232.

I tested the communication with CVI 2010 example it works perfectly, but with Labview it is not working.

I am using Labview 2017 on windows 7 and I installed NI VISA 17.5 and NI serial 17.5 drivers.

When I use high light execution I saw that the write function works but no response from the instrument I obtain the error (-1073807339 The timeout expired before the operation was completed), in the read fonction.

I even connect my physical port to a virtual port using another application and I saw the frame that I sent in the second port. I mean I am completely sure that the write function works in Labview.

I tried the VISA Test Panel in NI MAX to verify the configuration but still not working.

Anyone has an idea why it is working on CVI 2010 (Read and write) and not working on LabView and in NI MAX (only write works) ?? 

The port configuration is the same even timeOut value is the same between LabView and CVI.

I used the simpleSerial.vi and the continuous read and write.vi examples both of them don't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,068 Views)

Thank you guys it is working now 😛 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,060 Views)