LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial cable problem

serial cable working well but when i connected serial cable to my circuit board it can not take data from my my microcontroller in which i burn a program and that program should display on the lab view example basics serial read and write but it is not display the program on lab view i also replace microcontroller, max 232 ic bubber ic 74ls244 but it is no  use please help me and thanks alot  in advance.
Message 1 of 7
(2,922 Views)
Presumably you've tested the serial cable under some other scenario? Have you checked the wiring connections? In other words, the pinouts? Do you need to have a null modem connection? Have you verified if the same problem exists with HyperTerminal (or similar, depending on your OS)?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,895 Views)
yes serial cable is working on hyper terminal and i checked all the connections again. but i still have the same problem. no i dont need to have a null modem connection
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,877 Views)
If the communication works in HyperTerminal then the most likely reason is one of termination characters with your messages. This is the problem most people encounter because HyperTerminal hides all that stuff. When you send the command do you need to terminate with a character or characters, such as a carriage return and/or linefeed? What about on reads?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,870 Views)
i have to set the baud rate which is 9600 select hardware which is none data bit which is 8 bit and then i click the cable to check on the hyper terminal option data transmitts but when i connect it to my board it can't take the data and not shown on the lab view i check my board sevral times change my i.c my microcontroller but no use.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,839 Views)
I'm sorry, but I'm confused as to what you're saying now. You had said that it worked with HyperTerminal. Now you seem to be saying it doesn't. Let's keep LabVIEW out of this for the moment. Can you communicate with your board with HyperTerminal? That means you actually have the cable connected to your board and you're talking to it via HyperTerminal.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,835 Views)
Are you cheetha or are you night rider?  Why are you using different login names?  If you are the same person, it just confuses the thread that much more.  (Besides the "yes, hyperterminal works", then "no, hyperterminal doesn't work" confusion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,810 Views)