LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial activation number

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have the serial activation number for LabVIEW 2009 Platform that I could use? I've lost mine...

Thanks

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(13,540 Views)

If you registered it to your NI profile you can go to NI's home site, go to My NI, then My Products.  From there you should be able to find the serial number you registered with.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 20
(13,534 Views)

if not contact NI. I doubt anyone here will give you their serial number

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
Message 3 of 20
(13,515 Views)

Check on the shipping label of the box that your DVD's came in.  The serial number is generally printed there.

Message 4 of 20
(13,491 Views)

serial numbers are tracked by NI and can be retrieved by their sales people if you can give them your company name and purchase order number or similar. Also posting serials in the wild would render it quickly invalid, as NI montors the activation of serial numbers and blacklists those that appear to have escaped into the wild. A blacklisted serial number will not allow to get LabVIEW activated with.

In fact you have a good chance that you get a friendly call by some NI sales people if you try to activate your LabVIEW copy with a serial number that was purchased by a different company.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(13,471 Views)

rolfk wrote:

In fact you have a good chance that you get a friendly call by some NI sales people if you try to activate your LabVIEW copy with a serial number that was purchased by a different company.

In fact I got such a call many, many years ago asking me if I knew a certain person XXX at university YYY. I had no idea what they were talking about. And yes, the call was very friendly :D.

Later, I looked at my license manager and noticed that I had accidentally scrambled a few numbers in my activation code. Must have unintentionally used someone else's code for a while without even noticing... 😮

Now I always triple-check when entering activation codes. 😉  

Message 6 of 20
(13,456 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Check on the shipping label of the box that your DVD's came in.  The serial number is generally printed there.

I don't want to change the topic too much, but isn't it a little absurd that this happens?

What would happen if Windows started shipping licenses of Windows 8 on the outside of their packages?  Or if ever time Windows booted you would see the serial number on a splash screen?  Doesn't this make it much easier for LabVIEW liceses to get out in the wild?  You'll notice that when someone at NI starts up their LabVIEW the serial number is blank.  They seem to think this is a nice enough feature for them but for some reason find it necessary to show our serial on startup.

Sorry I need my tea.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(13,436 Views)

I work at NI and my serial number is not blank when I start up LabVIEW... 😉

Here's the trick: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/521DB7D878B756D786257B030058A5D1?OpenDocument

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 8 of 20
(13,429 Views)

@ThiCop wrote:

I work at NI and my serial number is not blank when I start up LabVIEW... 😉

Here's the trick: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/521DB7D878B756D786257B030058A5D1?OpenDocument

Thank you I didn't know of this feature in 2012.  Out of curiosity I tried it on 2011 and it also worked.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(13,417 Views)

Hi Thierry,

this makes me think: Is there a (more or less) complete list of LabVIEW.ini keys available?

I don't ask for really secret NI stuff, but keys like the one discussed here should be available in a public list...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(13,412 Views)