From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial Error -1073807298

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a basic rs232 serial interface setup to send and receive commands from a microcontroller.  The vi simply sends a formatted command when button is pushed and data is received at the port data will be read back in array sizes of variable input.

When i run the VI it works fine when I use a terminal window to send commands.  When I send data from the   the following error occurs

"Error 1073807298 occurred at VISA Read in deubg Receive data.vi

Possible reasons:

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003E) could not perform operation because of IO error"

Attached is a simple VI that the problem occurrs on.  Any ideas of what I can do to remedy the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,565 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fvnktion

Double check your baud rate, parity, data and stop bit settings to be sure they match your microcontroller's settings.

I would recommend that you wire up up your error wires between the VISA functions.  Right now you are doing some things in parallel which might be a race as to what occurs.  For example, Configure the serial port, THEN flush the buffer.  Write to the VISA port, THEN read the data.

Although it won't fix your error, CMD1, CMD2, and bytes to read should be set to I32, I32, and U32 (respectively) to avoid the coercion dots on the functions they are wired to.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 01-14-2010 04:56 PM
Message 2 of 4
(3,550 Views)

I would also recommand wiring the Visa IO session wires between the various VISA functions and changing your numeric controls to integer representation to avoid useless data type conversion.

Ben

Message 3 of 4
(3,531 Views)

The problem was that the error wiring was not in place.   I thought that the error lines were just for programatically handling the error?  I see that my understanding was wrong.  I will have to do some reading.

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,514 Views)