From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial Communication with a PXI 1428 Framegrabber

Hi folks, I have a question concerning the serial communication with a NI PXI 1428 Framegrabber Card.

We are building a LVDS-adapter that will be connected to the NI PXI 1428 Card. The Communication between the LDVS-adapter and the PXI 1428 shall be done thru the serial interface (embeeded on the PXI 1428). The serial communication of our LVDS-adapter does not  use termination Strings  -- so when reading form the adapter we are getting 8192 Bytes of 0x00 returned.

I have already found a discription and a possible workaround for the problem:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC2718B38FF2CD5F8625726E00068CA5

So apparently I will need to use the SerialReadBytes.vi, but their is one point that is unclear to me. Assuming I use the SerialReadBytes.vi and I want to read lets say 2 bytes. Lets further assume that the 2 Bytes I will read are 0x00 and 0x00 -- so how do I determine whether those 2 Bytes are actually wirtten by my adapeter or just some empty buffer form the NI PXI 1428.

i hope u understood my question
byeSmiley Indifferent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,179 Views)