LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequencial tasks

Hi all,

I want to have a sequence of tasks in my application, or say, have some steps that don't interfere one with each other. I thought of using the Stacked Sequence Structure, so that when a task corresponding to a frame ends, the following task activates when normally the next frame comes up. Although I want each task(/frame) to be 'autonomous', after I set the functionality of every frame , I find everything coming from all frames in my front panel.
 For example, I want to make a data acquisition in the first frame (task1), and after this finishes (a timer handles this), frame 2 shows a picture. Instead of this, I have the picture from the beginning of the application, not at the certain point in time I want (when frame 2 comes into play).
Moreover, I would like that once I quit a frame (/task), the results or the visual objects that come with it to disappear.
If the Stacked Sequence Structure is not the solution, which one is?

Thank you for any suggestions.
Dana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,104 Views)
Try to use flat sequence stuctures over stacked sequences whenever possible.  They are easier to read.

"Although I want each task(/frame) to be 'autonomous', after I set the functionality of every frame , I find everything coming from all frames in my front panel."

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  What picture do you refer?  Objects on the front panel are always there, they have nothing to do about when the part of the code runs.  If you want to control what is shown and what is not, you have a couple of choices.

1.  Use property nodes to set the visibility of specific controls.  Using error wire will control when the node executes.
2.  Put the controls associated in your different "frames" on a tab control.  As you move through your code, you can write a new value to the tab control to cause the pages to automatically flip.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-25-2008 01:11 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,095 Views)