From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensor mapping with avi files

Hello all,

I would like to bring avi movie file of a 3D rotation  and use sensor mapping vi. Does anybody have any suggestion.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,432 Views)

Hello Bob,

Just to clarify what you are asking;

Are you asking if after using the sensor mapping VI you can save the result as a avi movie file of a 3D rotation?

Solution: Using the IMAQ driver you should be able to write a frame of your Sensor Mapping output to an AVI file after each iteration of a For or While loop. After a period of execution, you will have an AVI file of all of the sensor mapping outputs you have collected.

or are you asking if you can import an avi movie file of a 3D rotation into your VI and then use sensor mapping on the data within the movie file?

Solution: This depends on what kind of data you are looking to extract from the AVI movie file and for what purpose. If you are seeking to map RGB values from your AVI file then you should be able to read an AVI frame and then convert that into 2D array data. After this, you should be able to iterate through the array and sensor map the values. However, if the data you are attempting to read from the AVI file is actual 3D model data, this may be very difficult.

or perhaps you are asking if after generating the output from the Sensor Mapping VI, you are able to rotate this image?

Solution: Use the Rotate Object VI from the NI_3d Picture Control.lvlib library. 

Let me know how I can help!

Thanks,

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,403 Views)