From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending UDP messages to different specific IP addresses

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to communicate to three specific IP addresses and send messages to each using UDP from a front panel. I have three loops set up in my program, each loop communicates to each IP address, but it seems some loops take precedence over others. If I adjust one set of controls, it works, but other controls may or may not. It also may flip-flop into which set of controls work after long periods of delay but seems more or less intermittent. Is there a better way of doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,491 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jstamour802

It may be that 10ms isn't enough of a timeout for the network socket to open?

Are you getting any errors out when it fails to send?

If I were you, I would remove the UDP Open and Close functions outside of the loops - I would open the connection outside of the loop and then close it at the end otherwise you are trying to reserve ports every time you change a value. You would also need to handle shutdown so the connection gets closed at the end.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,474 Views)

I suspect it is a problem with my hardware at the moment... after some more testing...

Thanks for the input

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,453 Views)