From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling exe file

On a side note, be aware that if you don't leave the standard "about" screen of the runtime engine in place, you need to have some other way to show the NI patents and copyrights as outlined here. (see also this old idea)

Message 11 of 15
(793 Views)

I called NI today regarding this.  A built application including Report Generation Toolkit can be sold as an exe file without an additional license.  Some toolkits, such as NI Vision, does require an additional license on every computer it is installed on.  This agrees with what some of the discussion forum members have posted.

metzler CLAD
Message 12 of 15
(787 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

On a side note, be aware that if you don't leave the standard "about" screen of the runtime engine in place, you need to have some other way to show the NI patents and copyrights as outlined here. (see also this old idea)

I don't sell my software, but when I make an exe I include an About window with NI's copyright BUT not their patents, is that wrong?

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(767 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

I don't sell my software, but when I make an exe I include an About window with NI's copyright BUT not their patents, is that wrong?

mcduff

I don't know, but the links don't mention the patents. I leave the stock "about" and "patents" in the very limited run time menu, but it might not be all necessary. 😉

PatCop.png

Message 14 of 15
(764 Views)

Below is the response from NI:

From Support Engineering at National Instruments. 

No, you don't need to purchase a deployment license for distributing normal LabVIEW executables.

There are certain add-ons and software (like the LabVIEW Real Time module) that do require a deployment license, but most don't. You can see info about that in Section 2 of the following article:

Deployment and Debug Licenses for NI Software:
http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/9561/en/

metzler CLAD
Message 15 of 15
(699 Views)