From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sell labview code with evaluation licence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

Can I sell my Labview source code (coded under LV Evaluation licence) without harming NI licence agreement?

Thanks,

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D60

From the License Agreement:

1. Definitions.  As used in this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:  

E.  "Authorized Applications."  Means (i) those applications that you create with development versions of the
SOFTWARE that you have validly licensed (including such applications that you create with third party
software using real-time operating system components of the LabVIEW Real-Time Module and the
LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module in accordance with the licenses for such modules), and (ii) those
applications that you create with third party software development environments and that utilize Driver
Interface Software, if such software development environment is supported by such Driver Interface
Software as indicated in the applicable Documentation for such Driver Interface Software. Notwithstanding
the foregoing, any application created with the SOFTWARE acquired under an evaluation license is not an
Authorized Application.

2. Grant of License

H.  Evaluation License; Pre-Release Software. If you have acquired an evaluation license, you may install and
permit your employees to use the SOFTWARE on computers in your workplace for internal evaluation
purposes only. If the computers are laptop, notebook or similar portable computers, you may use the

The evaluation license is for your own internal use only.
Therefore, notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, you may not distribute or transfer any
applications you create with the SOFTWARE under an evaluation license.

So, no.

Message 2 of 3
(2,164 Views)

Dear smercurio_fc,

Thanks for your reply,now it is clear for me!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,157 Views)