cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select multiple channels for one task - control and shift keys don't work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Following advice from several other posts, I'm trying to select multiple physical channels  from the dropdown list so that I can then use the "unflatten channel string" function later on. It looks like if I hold down either shift or cntrl I should be able to select multiple channels from the list, however, this doesn't work for me. I tried going into the "key navigations" property for the task channel control but it doesn't have any associations listed. Has anyone else come across this and found a fix?  I have previously got around this by stating multiple channels with a colon (eg. ai1:3) but this doesn't work for the unflatten function.

Thanks, 

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,283 Views)

Ctrl or Shift will work but you have to first select 'Browse' and use that list.

You will get a colon separating consecutive channels and this should work just fine with the Unflatten Channel Strings. If it doesn't for you, post an exampe that demonstrates the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,274 Views)

Thanks for your reply Dennis, I see what you mean, unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem so I'm missing something else. I've attached my VIs. I expected that the output from the unflattenstring block would be an array of either the channel references or the names I had given them, and that therefore the "array size" in the 4th pane would be "9" (equal to the number of channels).  Instead the output is a an "unnamed task#(some number)" when I look at it with a probe. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the task naming works?

THanks, 

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFJ

If I understand correctly, I think what you need to do is use a DAQmx Task property. Try using the Channels property to get an array of channels.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-08-2009 11:13 AM
Message 4 of 5
(3,267 Views)

thanks Dennis, that worked nicely, although not what I expected to have to do. I'm going to post to new thread a different problem concerning the same (but slightly different) VI for some help with initialising arrays of waveform and building arrays.

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,251 Views)