From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select multiple channels for one task - control and shift keys don't work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Following advice from several other posts, I'm trying to select multiple physical channels  from the dropdown list so that I can then use the "unflatten channel string" function later on. It looks like if I hold down either shift or cntrl I should be able to select multiple channels from the list, however, this doesn't work for me. I tried going into the "key navigations" property for the task channel control but it doesn't have any associations listed. Has anyone else come across this and found a fix?  I have previously got around this by stating multiple channels with a colon (eg. ai1:3) but this doesn't work for the unflatten function.

Thanks, 

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,280 Views)

Ctrl or Shift will work but you have to first select 'Browse' and use that list.

You will get a colon separating consecutive channels and this should work just fine with the Unflatten Channel Strings. If it doesn't for you, post an exampe that demonstrates the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,271 Views)

Thanks for your reply Dennis, I see what you mean, unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem so I'm missing something else. I've attached my VIs. I expected that the output from the unflattenstring block would be an array of either the channel references or the names I had given them, and that therefore the "array size" in the 4th pane would be "9" (equal to the number of channels).  Instead the output is a an "unnamed task#(some number)" when I look at it with a probe. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the task naming works?

THanks, 

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFJ

If I understand correctly, I think what you need to do is use a DAQmx Task property. Try using the Channels property to get an array of channels.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-08-2009 11:13 AM
Message 4 of 5
(3,264 Views)

thanks Dennis, that worked nicely, although not what I expected to have to do. I'm going to post to new thread a different problem concerning the same (but slightly different) VI for some help with initialising arrays of waveform and building arrays.

Claire.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,248 Views)