LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sefelec megohmmetre M1500P

Hello, 

I am looking for Sefelec Megohmmetre M1500P driver for Labview.

does someone know where I can find it please? or is it diffcult to create this driver with labview utility ?

( I would like to commande it by using the interface GPIB or RS232C)

tkx for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,873 Views)

The difficulty will depend on the number of commands you need to implement as well as the types of commands (SCPI language is preferred). If you had attached the manual, someone could have reviewed it.

As long as you use NI-VISA, making a driver that works with both RS-232 and GPIB is pretty trivial.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,870 Views)

Thank you sir for your replay;

the only manual I have had from the web is that I putten in attachmentI await your proposals and solutions

cordially

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,865 Views)

A datasheet is worthless. It will be impossible to write any code to control the instrument if you do not have the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,859 Views)

Hi,

We actually have an Instrument Driver Network in which 3rd party drivers are located for use with LabVIEW.  Unfortunately, there isn't a driver that's already been created for this device, but there is an option at the top of the page to "Request New Driver" for this device to enter this device in as a request for a potential future driver.

I also agree that if you could find a manual for this device, you could see which commands will be necessary for conmmunicating with this device through LabVIEW.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,846 Views)

Hello again 🙂

Finally I found the manual for my instrument. is there someone who can help me to get herdriver?

thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,833 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for posting the manual, however, it would be nice if you had an English version as well 🙂

As far as using the function calls in that manual go, you can communicate with this device (using NI-VISA) using these commands in a similar setup to some of our shipping examples that I think will be pretty valuable for you trying to communicate with this instrument.

One good example is our GPIB-VISA example in LabVIEW that can be found by going to Help>>Find Examples.  Then go to Hardware Input and Output>>VISA>>GPIB-VISA.  This example uses our basic VISA VIs to communicate with an instrument via GPIB. 

We also have some good Serial examples in the example finder as well that will get you going for doing RS232.

You'll need to make sure that you have our NI VISA and NI-488.2 drivers to do GPIB, however.  If you're looking to do RS232, you'll need to make sure you have the NI-Serial driver as well.  You can get them at ni.com/drivers.

Once you're familiar with the VISA functions in LabVIEW, you could possibly create your own plug and play Instrument Driver.  You could also request a plug and play driver at the link in my previous post. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,812 Views)

Did you get a chance to develop this driver?  Could you share me the driver if you have one?

Thanks,

Ajay

www.digiajay.com

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,756 Views)