From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scxi 1161

I have a SCXI-1161.  I am using it to turn on/off 5 solenoid valves.  Up until today, all valves have been working for serveral years.  Today 1 of the 5 valves is not getting power (24 vac) while the other 4 valves still are.  I checked power (ie. loose wires and multi-meter) all the way back to the SCXI and found the power was not going thru for the solenoid in question, but the others were.  Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?  I guess I need to check the contact in the SCXI?  My experience with national instrument software is limited at this point, but look forward to learning more about it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,042 Views)

I think I would be looking hard at the card. Do you have a spare that you can try swapping it out? Also, depending on how well the software was written you might be able to shift that valve over to one of the three unused relays on the board.

Are you running an executable or do you have access to the development environment? Any idea what version of LV the application was written in? 5 years ago, I'm guessing version 8.something.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,029 Views)