cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scrollable sub panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have an application that consists primarily of a tab control.  On a portion of one of the tabs, I have various controls: check boxes, radio buttons, text and numeric fields. (see attached snap of tab) These are used to access 8 different registers.  I need to expand this to access 32 registers but I don't want to grow the tab to be that large. Not all 32 need to be visible at one time.

I was thinking some sort of scrollable sub panel would be nice where you can view 8 registers at a time, but I don't know how to create one.  I read other similar posts that recommend using a splitter bar but I only need this capability on one of the tabs not the whole thing.

Any suggestions?

I'm using LV 8.2.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,852 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnSantaFe
Perhaps you could make each row a cluster, and have an array of clusters.  Then drop a vertical scrollbar control on the diagram and have the value of that scroll bar change the index of the cluster array.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,831 Views)

Thanks!

I implemented an array of clusters and that works well.  I didn't go as far as using a separate scrollbar and controlling the index. I'm able to use the array's built in scroll bar feature to implement what I needed.

However, using the array's scrollbar, when I scroll past the active members of the array, there are additional non-active array elements that are grayed out.  Is there a way to have an array not show the grayed out 'potential' array members?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,803 Views)
I don't think you can.  That is why a separate scroll bar should be used to allow you to set the indices to only show you the array elements with values.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,800 Views)