LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scroll multiple charts concurrently

I have a front panel with several waveform charts on it.  The charts correspond to the x, y, and z axes of accelerometer data.  I was hoping to use a slider to scroll along the x-axis of all the charts concurrently.  Can this be done with waveform charts?  If not, is there another way to do this (aside from plotting all the data on the same chart and using the default x scrollbar)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,577 Views)

Hi ecarg24,

you can write to the "XScale.Range" property of all charts to set them to the same x-scale...

Message Edited by GerdW on 06-15-2009 08:00 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 13
(3,561 Views)

yeah I Have an example of this it may help:

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,555 Views)

Instead of constantly reading and writing the property in a while loop, use an event structure.

autoscroll.PNG

Message 4 of 13
(3,547 Views)

Another option is to use ome waveform chart and stack the charts.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,544 Views)

Dennis

I tried your suggestion and I don't think the property "NewRange" in the scale range change works this way

Try the attached vi and flip the property in Event boolean to switch between the two different methods

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,537 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,533 Views)

Dennis

The problem seems to happen when I set the current time using the offset property

can you try this vi and let me know what I am doing wrong?

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,524 Views)

Hey James,

Thanks to Dennis for the nice example on scrolling multiple charts. There seems to be some sort of discrepancy between the actual range for a particular graph and the range returned by the event structure when attempting to control the range of the other two charts. What seems to be happening is the initial range shift seems to be lost when you are in the event structure. This occurs regardless of how you shift the initial range (using time or a constant). However, there is a pretty easy work around for this disconnection, instead of using the event structure to return the range, use another property node for the chart you are adjusting. Take a look at the attached example for a little more clarification.

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,476 Views)

Dennis,

Do you know if there is any drawback to doing them all in the same event, like the attached vi?

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,471 Views)