LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO compatibility

Hi,

I am doing a project and using the NI starter Kit 2.0. I need to control the robot using a ZigBee module attached to the board. The ZigBee is connected through a serial port to the RIO board. I have a Windows software for the ZigBee, but I don't know how to put it on the robot for it to recognize ZigBee, as it has a FPGA processor.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Many thanks!

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,345 Views)

Hey Stefan,

The simple answer is that you can't do this (plug-and-play), especially if you only have a Windows driver for the ZigBee module. In order to use it with the sbRIO, you would need an RT compatible driver for VxWorks. If there isn't one, then you'll have to write your own in LabVIEW. I assume that the module outputs or responds to serial commands in which case you'll need to write code for the sbRIO that reads the serial commands and responds accordingly. Hopefully the manual for the ZigBee module lists what commands and responses the module gives and when.

--Ryan S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,319 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I guess I will try this way then 🙂

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,295 Views)

Hi,

I have written a code for the host computer. The code is simple and is only telling the robot to move the servo of the sensor. Now I am not sure what comands to upload to the robot. I was thinking of a subVI of the code connected witrh the reader VISA. 

Does this sound ok?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,271 Views)