From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO -9636 5V pin header Fuse

Hey,

I got a sbRIO-9636 (Evaluation Kit) with a hat with LCD etc. 

I got a problem with the 5V rail coming from the sbRIO motherboard. There is a fuse between the 5V motherboard rail and the male pin headers.(see photo). Would anyone know what value this SMD fuse is?

On the other side is 5V, and there is no short circuit on the hat (drawing 18mA @ 5V, which is reasonable) 

Cheers,

Koen

sbRIO.jpgIMG_20191219_103638.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,754 Views)

Evaluating the Manual, I see that the 5V can supply 0.9 A.  (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373378c.pdf)

So I go for a 0603 SMD fuse rated for 0.75A @ 5V

I guess this should be okay and hope this can help others.

Cheers,

Koen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,698 Views)

That sounds reasonable.

But as a warning to you and others reading your thread, I bet that replacing that fuse yourself would void the NI warranty on the card, so it would be a "replace at your own risk".  The recommended procedure would be to send it back to NI for repair.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,689 Views)

Good point, but since it is already old enough that there is no warranty on the device and NI tends to ask prices like Apple to fix stuff, it is more reasonable to get 100 fuses at Aliexpress for 8 euro and replace it myself. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,679 Views)