LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO 9631 update to 2013 LV

Hello,

I am using the sbRIO 9631 for my experimental setup with a 2012 labview version, but I just updated my host computer to 2013 and have no idea how to update the drivers in the single-board.  My vi's cannot connect now to the sbRIO since it is an older version.  Can someone please provide some direction on how I can update the single-board to talk to 2013 labview?

Thank you

Paola

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,156 Views)

After installing the new LabVIEW version, you also need to reinstall all the drivers on the PC. Did you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,142 Views)

Yes I did install all the drivers to communicate with fpga, sbrio, etc.

These are the files i installed, in this order:

2013LV-WinEng.exe (labview)
NIVISA541full.exe (serial communicaiton)
2013RealTime-Eng.exe (real time environment)
NIRIO130.zip (unzip and install) (rio stuff - for use on rio)
2013FPGA-Eng.exe (to use fpga)
2013Xilinx14.iso (fpga compilation tools)

But now my board will not talk to my vi files when i try to connect.

Thank you

Paola

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,139 Views)

You need to update the driver on your sbRIO board through NI MAX. Make sure you have NI RIO 13.0 driver.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,135 Views)

Is there a procedure I could look up to do this?  I have no clue.  I do have NI RIO.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,130 Views)

Sorry I do not have my sbRIO with me now, so I couldn't remember what I exactly did to update the driver. Just browse through your sbRIO tabs after you connect your NI sbRIO to the computer. It is under remote systems on the list at the left hand side in NI MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,124 Views)

Steps are outlined here:

Install Software on Your CompactRIO Controller

In the above tutorial - assume CompactRIO and Single-Board RIO are interchangable.  They use the same underlying components and software.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,119 Views)