Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO-9607 DIO Serial Interface and CLIP Generator

Solved!
Go to solution
PowerPoint Slide for ASRLx..INSTR.png

@tannerite wrote:

This presentation covers what a CLIP is, how to navigate through the sbRIO CLIP Generator, and how to import a socketed CLIP into your LabVIEW Project.

Hi,

I have a very related problem with upper slide in my project, my hardware is NI sbRIO9607. I want to use the RS232 serial interface provided by Labview Clip Generator and I have also done all the necessary assignments written. But I could not find any way to access to the created port (serial nor parallel created by Clip Generator), with VISA or MAX. All DIO pins are working correctly without using in a Clip Generator serial port. However, only the ASRLx::INSTR ports could be accessed via MAX or VISA. According to the quote from publication which I put to the beginning, I understand that ASRLx::INSTR ports are the corresponding Serial Ports. However there is no data communication sensed while I am testing the pins by this assignment (i.e. I considered Serial2 is ASRL2::INSTR , and all of the other ASRLx::INSTR ports are also tested whether one of them might be the Serial2 port or not). I put screenshots below.

How could I access this Clip Generator ports, could you please help me?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Onur YILDIZ

RT VI CodeRT VI Code

Clip Generator ConfigurationClip Generator Configuration

Clip Generator SummaryClip Generator SummaryRMC Socket Properties ConfigurationRMC Socket Properties ConfigurationProject ExplorerProject ExplorerRT VI InterfaceRT VI InterfaceNI MAX InterfaceNI MAX Interface

Message 1 of 5
(4,205 Views)

Hi!

Have you seen this resource on integrating external IP? Section 2, using CLIP in an FPGA application, has some information on how to pass data between the create CLIP and the FPGA VIs.

Importing External IP Into LabVIEW FPGA: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7444/en/

R. Dahlman

Message 2 of 5
(4,162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author onrep

Hi DahlmanR,

Yes I looked some sources and more, probably the missing part is somehow there is a problem with the flash of the sbRIO9607. I have changed the module with another sbRIO9607 and everything is fine now.

Thank you for your quick help and response.

Best Regards.

ONUR YILDIZ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,120 Views)
  1. Hey! I've been trying to do the same (use peripheral serial ports) but I am not able to use it. I read the tutorial but couldn't able to apprehend. Why do we need to create I/O node interface for clip... when we already defined the serial pins. 
  2. Secondly, why do we need to configure clock resources?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,731 Views)

Please see the image and guide me. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,722 Views)