LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving data in the storage device?

Hi all ,
 For NI 9012 controller , can i run it without a pc ( the host will become the controller itself ).Because what i understand is the controller can work on its own . So , how can i get benifit from the controller to run the program.
Thanks .
With regards, Smiley Happy
kit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,166 Views)
Hi!
   In cFP, you need LabView Real-Time to embed applications to embedded modules, it's the same for cRIO, but since I don't have that hardware, I cannot test it!  This info is stated here, "overview" tab, third paragraph.

I found poor informations on how to download application to module's flash memory, in LabView 7.1 and with compactFieldPoint, you simply build the application, setting what you need from inside application builder (you can set application to run at controller's boot, for example).  I don't know how can it work on LV 8.5, but maybe you'll find something similar.

Hope this can (fairly) help!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,159 Views)
Hi Kit,

Can you tell me a few more details regarding what your application is or why you want to run the controller without a PC? Have you planned how you are going to log and display data?

Ipshita C.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,129 Views)

Hi ,

Now i m using 9101 (chassis) , 9012 (controller ) and 9233 for the module .

I use my PC as the host but my application of my project is measuring running rail vibration . If i can use the controller as the host program to control running or stopping of the program , it would be more convenience.

Thank you for ur answers ,

kit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,118 Views)

Hi Kit,

You can use your RT target as a host computer. I would suggest looking at this link on how to deploy and launch Real-Time applications and this one for using the Real Time Execution Trace Toolkit. Hope this helps!

Ipshita C. 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,106 Views)