LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving array and time stamp

I want to have my data saved every set number of loop iterations, and have a time stamp saved for each data point as well.  Here is my block diagram so far.  Is there a way to bundle the time and data into one array and then save that to one file?  I kept getting wiring errors.  I can't test it out right now because an experiment is running on the original.  Do you see any problems?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,098 Views)

This has been asked numerous times. A simple method is to write everything as strings. In LabVIEW 7.1, there are directions on the block diagram of the Write to Spreadsheet File on what changes you need to make. Be sure to save the modified VI with a new name and in a new location.

You would also eliminate the conversion of the scalar to an array. Just use the build array on the numeric converted to a string and the date/time string.

p.s. You've got some strange things in that VI. Why would you ask for the file name the second time the loop iterates instead of the first time. Why are you passing an empty file path for all other iterations? Use a shift register.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-09-2010 03:08 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,095 Views)