From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving a waveform in LV 7.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I need to know about the saving of a waveform in JPEG or in Excel  or any other format.

"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,420 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gireesh

If you want a picture then you can use the Get Image method for a graph and feed the image data to a Write JPEG File VI.

If you want numeric data then you can use the Write To Spreadsheet File VI. This does not create an Excel file. It creates a text file with delimited columns, but you can open it with Excel. If you absolutely want Excel then you will have to use ActiveX. Examples ship with LabVIEW, and you can find more in the Excel thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,411 Views)

Hello smercuri

I dont need to save the front panel image. I need to save the graph as like excel chart. Actuall I want take printout of this for attaching the report. Get image will give a front panel image only. Is'nt it?

Any other idea is there please inform me

thank you for fast reponding 

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,399 Views)

As mentioned on the link, it is a method of a control. You must not have read anything there. The very first line says "Returns an image of a front panel object." and then it says it is similar to the Get Panel Image method. It's pretty plain to understand I think.

If you want an example, just open the block diagram of Append Control Image to Report.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,394 Views)

hello

Thank u for the idea. I tried with invoke node get image and saved as PNG file successfully.

Thank you, everyone 

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,356 Views)