LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save the last value

hello

is there a way to register an that the last value of an numeric indicator in a  file LVM OR EXCEL

OR

THE inside a LabVIEW program is even better, for example in VI memory if there exists, or another trick I do not know.

and thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,822 Views)

yes, its called an append to file

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,810 Views)

bilalus wrote:

is there a way to register an that the last value of an numeric indicator in a  file LVM OR EXCEL

There is no real "last value", because your VI will exceeed the range if I32 within milliseconds. When you stop the VI, the last value will be in the indicator. (what is the meaning of "register"?)

@bilalus wrote:

THE inside a LabVIEW program is even better, for example in VI memory if there exists, or another trick I do not know.

VI memory always exists and there are probably many tricks that you don't know. However, I have no idea what you actually want.

Do you want to save the VI with a certain default value. Do you want to retain the current value between runs? Something else?

Your feedback node alredy retains data between runs. If you always want to start with zero, you need to initialize it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,802 Views)

@bilalus wrote:

hello

OR

and thank you.

Assuming that you want to save the last value to reload it when you restart the program, it is usually done with the Configuration File VIs.  You will find these VIs in the File I/O palette. Look at the LabVIEW help on how to use them. Do not put them in the while loop (by-the-way you should put a delay in your loop)

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,796 Views)

But more accurately I want to achieve an energy meter in electric labview

meter works well and accumulates energy

my problem is how to preserve or save the last accumulated value  in case   labview exit or stop PC

In the relaunch LABVIEW it must retrieve this value and insert into the meter as the initial value.

THANKS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,755 Views)

Whenever the value changes, you need to write it to a special file (e.g. "yourApp.ini"), overwriting the old value. When LabVIEW starts the next time, it should check for the existence of that file, and if present, read the value.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,746 Views)