From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sampling analog signal- Sample and Hold!!

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW and just recently learned the basics (yes the basics - there is always a first time for everything).. Now I am trying to implement Sample and Hold (just a basic vi) but unfortunately no idea (yes no idea 😞 ) as to where to start from..I know for sure a sine wave/analog signal generator will be the first component..but where to go from here ??

can you guide me please..I am beginner and just starting to learn implementation in LabVIEW ..any algorithm, hint, reference vi would help !!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)

Hello traceabc,

What kind of hardware are you using? From my understanding, "Sample and Hold" is done in hardware, like in the circuitry of an ADC. So are you trying to mimick the behavior of this circuit via software, or are you just trying to gather samples from your device? As far as reference materials go, the examples available under the LabVIEW example finder are always a great place to start. From LabVIEW, if you go to "Help -> Find Examples" and then "Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx", you should be able to find a good starting place for your application.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,195 Views)

@T-REX$ wrote:

Hello traceabc,

What kind of hardware are you using? From my understanding, "Sample and Hold" is done in hardware, like in the circuitry of an ADC. So are you trying to mimick the behavior of this circuit via software, or are you just trying to gather samples from your device? As far as reference materials go, the examples available under the LabVIEW example finder are always a great place to start. From LabVIEW, if you go to "Help -> Find Examples" and then "Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx", you should be able to find a good starting place for your application.

The OP double posted by accident. The discussion goes on here

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/sampling-analog-signal-Sample-and-Hold/m-p/1560066

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,187 Views)