LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runs DataSocket server in run time

Hi,

I have a vi and I want that when it is loaded, I want to automatically run DataSocket server without going to National Instruments->DataSocket->DataSocket Server. In other words, I want to run DataSocket server from my vi. Is it possible? How can I do it?

Thanks very much,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,937 Views)
One way would be to use the system exec.vi and launch "cwdss.exe" from "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DataSocket"

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,933 Views)
Look at examples\comm\datasktx.llb\Launch DS Server if Local URL.vi.
Note that it calls a VI dynamically, so if you want to make an EXE, you need to include it in your build.

(2,928 Views)
Actually, it looks like you can use the vi.lib\Platform\dataskt.llb\DataSocket Server Control.vi directly.

Thanks!!! It works fine! 😉

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,914 Views)
Hi,

If I use datasockets in my application, then when I distribute it in a package for installing in another computer, this computer must have installed LabVIEW? Is it possible to install only the datasocket server in that computer (without installing Labview there)?

Thanks,

ToNi.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,912 Views)
When you build your application you have the option to create an installer which will install the run-time engine. In the installer option you can select DS support, which will install the server.
As mentioned, if you're using the first VI, you need to include the dynamically called VI in the build.