From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run labview exclusively on windows

Hi,

This may not be a question specific to LabView. I appologize in advance. 

I need to run a labview program while preventing user doing anything else. The user can operate the labview program but cannot run any other applications. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Bo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,249 Views)

Are you talking about running only the LabVIEW development environment or a only specific built LabVIEW standalone application.

Yes, this is a windows question, not a LabVIEW question. Restricting what can be run is typically done with group policies, here is an example.

Message 2 of 3
(2,243 Views)

Is this a permissions issue, or you want the PC to look like it runs only your program? If it's the latter, you can replace the windows shell with your application. There are some caveats you will want to look into, however. I would google "replace windows shell" and see what you can find. I know it has been successfully done with LabVIEW applications because there were presentations on it at the CLA Summit this year.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,230 Views)