LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtd calibration labview labjack

Hello my name is mike and i'm a student in London Ontario, I'm taking an instrumentations class and was recently given an assignment to complete:
Objectives:
The instrumentation project consists of taking a sensor and implementing a computer interface. It should incorporates the following:
· Sensor signal conditioning
· A microcontroller (HC11/PIC) or data acquisition unit
· LabVIEW (and/or Visual Basic, Visual C, Visual C#)
· System calibration and data reduction
· Documentation

Description
The students will typically work in groups of 2 (unless discussed in advance with the lab instructor). The project consists of the sensor signal conditioning, microcontroller software and hardware development. The microcontroller (or data acquisition unit) performs the A/D conversion and transmits the raw data to PC (running LabVIEW, Visual Basic, or Visual C). The data is processed on PC and displayed in real time as a graph/chart.

Calibration is an essential part of this instrumentation project. The students have to use proper calibration procedure, similar to the procedures followed in industry.

The user is offered the following choices (through visual interface)
a) Time interval between successive measurements (units of 0.01 second)
b) Total number of measurements to be taken.

A calibration should be carried out over a suitable range that is both functional and easily attainable in laboratory, e.g. a temperature range of 0 – 100 (»90) °C is quit acceptable for temperature sensors.

Submission
· Demonstrate the program during any scheduled laboratory time.
· Submit the following both as hardcopy as well as on a floppy disk
· Project description and operation
· All design calculations related to circuit design.
· A brief - user guide (1 or 2 pages)
· Commented source files
· Schematic diagrams of signal conditioning circuit
· Clearly identify the names of individuals in the group, on the diskette and all associated documentation

Evaluation Criterion:
(30%) Documentation
(20%) Calibration Procedure
(50%) Overall project

Submission: April 8/2005.
Last date for submission (without penalty): April 20, 2005

I have choosen to do RTD using lab jack with lab view... If anyone can help me even with where to start it owuld be greatly appreicated.

thank you

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,198 Views)