From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt web services deployment failed

I have a sbrio 9612 that I setup with an executable and web services.  I can get it to run great.  I then took an image of that one (using RAD) and deployed it to another sbrio 9612.  The web services don't work.  I then tried to deploy webservices the second sbrio with my project, and I came up with the error in the attached picture: Web Services Deployment Failed.  The NI Application Web Server is still loading.  

All I can find about that is issues when deploying to a laptop with a wifi card, but nothing about that with a RT unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,973 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW?

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,932 Views)

Sorry, should have thought about that.  2012 sp1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,925 Views)

Are they on the same network? Are you sure you've configured them with different IP addresses?

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,914 Views)

They are on the same network, different IP address.  I can see both of them in MAX and distributed system manager with the correct IP address shown.  Web services don't work, and I can't get to the web based configuration screen.

I'm going to try deployment again.  I am going to go ahead and disable my laptop wireless despite the fact I'm not using that as my current internet, and despite the fact I'm just deploying an image to a RT controller.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,910 Views)

Let us know how this goes - it sounds like something is up with Application Web Server. I would just reinstall this in MAX.

MAX -> Remote Systems -> sbRIO -> Software, "Add/Remove Programs" -> "Custom Software Installation" -> NI Application Web Server

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,874 Views)

I have redeployed the firmware several times and it still doesn't work.  It works on the original unit I took the image from, but not on the unit I'm deploying the image to.  Using max is not an option because these are basically in an OEM environment and if I distribute an image to a customer they will not have national instruments installed.

Besides, that defeats the purpose of taking an image, if it works correctly in one place, you should be able to take an image of that and deploy it on another unit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,860 Views)

I agree - Still looking into this. I'll let you know when I have an update.

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,842 Views)

Ok, with lots of testing last night I figured out the problem.  Despite the fact I had installed RAD 5.5.2 it was still somehow hanging on to an older version and that was the exe that was running and I didn't know it.  

Once I cleaned that up and for sure was running the correct RAD exe everything deployed correctly.

Thank your for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,817 Views)

Awesome! 

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,807 Views)