LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rs232

Hello,

I would like to read bytes via rs232 and than look for the bytes that I'm interested in. I would like to do it in 6 sec. cycles - read bytes during 6 sec. time, write them in buffer and search the buffer for the bytes that I'm interested in. Please give me some advices how to implement such a solution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,242 Views)

Hi,

What i understand form your question is that you want to read data through RS232 and then pick up the required data

from the total data received.You can do the same by using Basic serial read write.Vi in NI examples for serial communication.

First of all just try by cross connecting (Loopback connection) the RXD and TXD by just writing something ,you should receive the same in Serial Read Indicator.

If this works you can proceed to take out the data bytes you need by using the string operations and picking out the subset...

I hope i understood and answered correctly ..if not let me know in more details...!

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar

Certified Labview Associate Developer(CLAD)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Forget to Rate the answers.!!! You can do it in few seconds
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,226 Views)

Hi Kingarth,

Here are some recently posted threads.  They contain info that may help you.  I will post others soon

Thread 1:Configuring the serial port

Thread 2:Getting MAX to recognize the COM port

You may also want to look at the Knowledge Based information:

search:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/nisearchservlet?nistype=default&filter=+%2BLanguageType%3AEnglish+%2Bn...

info:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/57C21F04AC7FFFCA86256877007996E3

JLV

Message 3 of 5
(3,216 Views)
Here is an example using VISA.
Message 4 of 5
(3,215 Views)

Hi Kingarth,

Here is the one I was looking for.  It actually talks about reading bytes at serial port.  I think there might be a useful example as well and a detailed step by step explanation on how to do it.  I would start HERE (this link)

Message 5 of 5
(3,211 Views)