From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotational stage

hi iam new to labview, doing a project based on motion control, i need to rotate a mirror to certain degree by rotating a motor step by step. so i need to enter the degree to which the mirror rotate, so how can i understand the number of steps to rotate 1 degree, can any one help me 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,229 Views)

the first thing we have to know is if you know how to do this without LabVIEW.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,220 Views)

i have a stepper motor , and til now doing manual rotation to a desired angle, but inorder to make this automatic i need a program, so could you pls help me to where i get to start and what are those modules to develop a motor controlling code

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,215 Views)

It is best if you kept this question in your original message thread.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/can-xy-motion-control-code-extend-to-xyz-sta...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,205 Views)

Hi,

You can use 4 axis to control motor, maybe you only need use 3.

X,Y and Z.

Boone

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,184 Views)

thankyou for your reply , 

i have a dout sir, i have a ni driver card ( NI UMI 7772) , which contains only 2 axis ,, is it possible to move 3  motor axis ie xyz stage by using this ni card. 

iam having a xyz stage , i have to move 3 motors simultaneously, if i create a program through labview , can i use it as a software by controlling through serial port and  without using ni driver card pls give me advice 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,136 Views)

Boone is correct.  Of course you can't make a 2 axis controller work on 3 motors.  You need to upgrade to the 7774 card which has 4 Axes, then only use 3 of them.  Since the 777X modules are just interfaces to connect a motion control card to a motor driver you will need to update (or add to) those components as well.  You need to provide info about those components you must already have. Smiley Wink

Although the PC Serial Port can be used as a VERY simple digital output it is unlikely to be able to control a motor in a useful way.  Since you have provided no information about your motors (or motor drivers) it's hard to suggest anything further.  

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 7 of 7
(3,116 Views)