From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotating an image does not rotate the canvas

When I use "rotate image" from the IMAQ library the pixels are rotated, but the image size( in respect to X and Y size) remains the same. If you start out with an image where X and Y are very different you end up with an image where lots of pixels are clipped and lots are black.
Is there a way to "rotate" the X and Y outline together with the image, short of converting to a 2-D pixel array and rotate that one?
Gabi
7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,341 Views)
gabi,

unfortunately, the picture control cannot be rotated, so far as I have ever seen. You will probably need to do this within the picture control itself. I would suggest just enlarging the control and centering the image. Fill in the rest of the image with black so that you don't have to worry about the background (or use white and figure out how to backfill with white.)

I know it sounds difficult, but it is your only choice. Even the opsys to do this would perform the same operation. Its just not done for you yet.

Perhaps someone out there knows a shortcut. If so, it will save you some time, and I will learn something as well.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,341 Views)