From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotate image

I build a simulation for a medical machine.  Attached are my test VI.  I would like one rectangular box (as gantry) rotate at the center of another rectangular box (as structure, not moving).  Because I am using rotate.llb from this forum, it does not allow usind the transparent color (default is white).  How do I place the structure box behind the gantry box?.  I have been modifed the robot.vi,  it worked but to complicate and I would to try this test VI.  Please help.  Using LV7.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,827 Views)
attached is rotate.llb which I have been used.  Another question, can I attach two or more files to my post?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,820 Views)
Unable to run vi appl as VI missing:
Rotate Picture Control_verify.vi
'With regard to question about number of files upload?
Why not zip all salient files  in one post?

chow
xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,816 Views)
Soory for a missing vi.  I though I use this vi in rotate.llb.  But I saved it with a diiferent name
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,800 Views)

There is an example available from the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help >> Find Examples) called Mask example.vi, which demonstrates using a picture function new to LabVIEW 7 called Create Mask.vi. What this function does is specify that some color(s) in your picture control is now transparent.

For instance, you could modify the example that you posted to declare black a transparent color. Then if you overwrote another picture control with the rotated picture, only the axis and any other non-black objects would be written over the background picture.

You can find this example by searching for "mask" in the Example Finder. Hope this helps!

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 8
(7,768 Views)
Guess what?  It works !!!! Following your suggestion, I modified Mask Example VI by removing Event structure and while loop.  I also modified my Rotate Gantry VI to fit to the new concept.  The result is exactly what I want.  Thank you very much, Jarrod S.  If you would like to see what I did, I will post it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,743 Views)
Would you be able to post this - I am interested to see what you did?

Thanks,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,413 Views)

Hi DonRoth,

This is VI that I used for my simulation.  Sorry for late replying (lazy to read my mail).

It is written with 7.1.

Regards,

the phan

Message 8 of 8
(7,367 Views)