LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restart caused by Labview

Dear all,

I am now meeting a urgent problem.

Previously all my labview programs works fine. And today I modified some parts of it and run it again. Labview ran correctly first, and after several seconds the whole computer reboot and reboot again and again.

I have to shut down the power of computer forcefully and start it. However this time when I open labview, the computer directly reboot.

Is this problem related with memory issues? If it is, how should I repair it! 

PS: my computer is 15GB HDD, 1G ram, Windows XP embedded version

all the system power is supplied by two batteries 24V. Is it possible the batteries running out of power?

Hope someone could give me a hand, thanks in advance! 😉

Sincerely

Wenxi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,232 Views)

My experience with batteries is that they sooner or later run out of power!Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,213 Views)

Wenxi,

do you have the same issue with a comparable installation on another system?

Does starting LV itself (not loading any custom VIs!) show this issue?

Can you check if a power supply other than the batteries show the same issue?

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,209 Views)

Hi Wenxi

This problem could come from Windows XP not having the right components installed to run LabVIEW. Windows XP Embedded is a limited version of Windows XP where you can deselect certain components to make it fit a smaller image. There is no default configuration of Windows XP Embedded and due to this fact National Instruments do not officially support Windows XP Embedded.

Have you gone through the following articles to set up your system?

Running LabVIEW on Windows XP Embedded

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4011

What Is Windows XP Embedded and Why Should You Care?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5956

Also note this:

What National Instruments Products are supported on XP Embedded?

Starting with LabVIEW 2009, LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module (DSC) is supported on XPe allowing you develop and deploy HMI/ SCADA applications to touch panels based on Windows XP Embedded. You can also develop basic HMI applications with LabVIEW Touch Panel Module which is also supported on XP Embedded. The industry-leading NI-DAQmx drivers are compatible with the Windows XP development system allowing you to build applications with Nis high speed data acquisition hardware.

Altso how much RAM to you have on your device? It is recommended to have a minimum of 512mb RAM when using LabVIEW in touch panel mode on Windows XP Embedded.

Best Regards,

Anders Rohde

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,188 Views)

Thank all of you so much for your kind help,especially Anders Rohde.

You told me many things I didn't think about before. Because I kept working on a project developed by many students in the past.

I am going to look at the arcticls you suggested first. And try to fix this problem.

If I have some progress, I will post here!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,184 Views)