From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resistance measurement

Hello everyvone,

i have a PXIe System and want to do a resistance measurement.

When I start the DAQmx, it doesn't find any physical channels, what can be the point, or which driver should I reinstall?
It is a Network connected System so Maybe this could be the Problem?!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,387 Views)

Hi ,

Do you see your card listed under Devices & interfaces in NI MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,380 Views)

Yes I can see it there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,358 Views)

Hi Ache,

I just replied to your other post about Resistance Measurements, do they belong together?

For this question it would be interesting which hardware you use, still the PXIe-6356? This one should offer you the channels, other hardware may have no channel for resistance measurements available.

Please send me which hardware you are using and I can check if it supports resistance measurement.

Cheers,
Jan Göbel
Staff Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,325 Views)

Hi,

thank you for your two answers!

yes, it is the same Hardware.

But i cannot find the module as well, when i choose voltage measurement.

So normally the module must be visible?

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,318 Views)

Hi Ache,

for a voltage measurement you should definetly see some Analog Inputs for the device. If the device is detected propably (asure that by running a self-test from MAX), you should be able to create Tasks for the Device (Rightclick on the Device -> Create Task). If there are no channels shown here, but the device is properly detected in MAX this sounds like a more complex problem. If the device throws an error on selftest, maybe the DAQmx driver needs to be reinstalled.

Cheers,
Jan Göbel

Staff Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,309 Views)

Hi,

Where can i find the Device button where i can create the Task? 

The device is detected in MAX and works fine with Veristand, but i want to do some measurements with LabVIEW as well and now i dont know, how i can find the device.(Maybe i have to add the device somewhere. I was searching yet, but did not find some possibility.)

Best wishes

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,306 Views)

Hi Michael,

there is no button for this, you need to rightclick the device in the treestructure of NI MAX to create a (static) task. In LabVIEW you can use those predefined tasks that you have created in MAX, or you can dynamically create a task. Use Help->Find Examples in LabVIEW Toolbar to search for DAQmx-Examples (e.g. continuous input voltage) to see how to use the hardware in LabVIEW.

In Veristand you should have the Create Task option directly integrated to Veristand, so you can simply select the channels there.

Cheers,

Jan Göbel

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,300 Views)

Hi,

i recognized my Problem. Now it works!

Thank you!

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9