From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resgister for event on multiple boolean refs

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the idea Kyle, but your suggestion adds some extra work to the other work-around : simply adding a numeric control ref in the cluster, it doesn't create any problem and lets me use the event structure in a "normal" way.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 11 of 15
(1,199 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TiTou

Hi!

Thank you @Kyle97330 for your explanation how to use the array version of the dynamic event registration.

I just tested the demo VI with LabVIEW 2016 and there is no error in connecting two latched booleans to the value change registration (see attached VI snippet). LabVIEW 2015 SP1 still gave me the error.

So in my opinion this is an error that is already fixed and there is a workaround for older versions that Kyle97330 thankfully explained nicely.

Any questions left open?

Regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
Message 12 of 15
(1,169 Views)

Nope, thanks for the wrap-up.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,148 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Steve,

Shouldn't it work whatever the mechanical action? I think it should.

And :

1 switch : ok

1 latch : ok

1 switch & 1 latch : ok

2 switch & 1 latch : not ok

2 switch & 2 latch : not ok

2 switch & 2 latch & 1 num : ok

The logic seems to be on the Last element, it's not allowed to be latch. Do the 2016 release notes mention it?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,135 Views)

The error in connecting two latched booleans to the value change registration still exists in LabVIEW 2020 (see attachment). The above mentioned work around (wiring a non-boolean to the last cluster elements) still works.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(419 Views)