LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset counter on 9411

Hi,

I have a crio-9411 and have it in quadrature mode.   I need to reset the counters to zero sometimes as well I would like to be able to preset the counters to a value.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,478 Views)

Zener,

Hello! This KnowledgeBase article talks about how to reset the counter on the 9411.

Now, setting your counter to have a preset value is kind of tricky. Using property nodes you can set what number the counter will count too, along with that you can set it to count down instead of up, from that value (terminal count). However, you can not make the counter count from one value to another (Ex: count from 1000 to 2000) instead you can just make it count a certain number of times. Using those two settings and some general math (addition or subraction), you can manipulate an offset such that you could make the counter appear to count from say 1000 to 2000, or whatever it is you need, but really just be counting in the hardware from 0 to 1000.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,459 Views)

I forgot to attach this image!

9411_propertys.png

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,457 Views)

The knowledgebase article you refer to there has a broken URL.  No help unless I can see it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,447 Views)

Zener,

That is strange. When I click on that link in my post it works just fine. Try this:

KnowledgeBase 4OJAOOSF: How Do I Reset a Counter When I am Using CompactRIO Scan Mode?

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,442 Views)

Again, it goes to the same place.  I get to the knowledgebase article, however, the link there does not work. It looks like this:

Solution:
The Reset Counter (Scan Interface) VI can be used to reset specialty digital counters, as well as the position measurement of a quadrature encoder. It can be located here:
...LabVIEW 8.6\examples\CompactRIO\Shared\Reset Counter (Scan Interface).vi

See, broken link.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,438 Views)
BTW, I am logged in.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,437 Views)

With LV 9.0 / NI-RIO 3.2.1 the counter can also be reset with a method node.  This is now the prefered way to reset the counter.

As for the broken link, are you referring to 

...LabVIEW 8.6\examples\CompactRIO\Shared\Reset Counter (Scan Interface).vi ?

If so that is a path on your computer's filesystem.  The VI is in a sub directory of the examples directory of your LabVIEW install.  The ... should be taken to be the location you have LabVIEW installed, usually C:\Program Files\National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,433 Views)

ok, found it.  I didn't know they were refering to my files.

Anyway, that .vi is password protected.  Any idea what the password is?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,424 Views)

You should be able to use the VI without knowing the password.

The only inputs are the slot for the module in question and the channel you wish to reset.  Slot is 1 based, so wire a 1 to get the module in slot 1.  Channel is 0 based (like the IO Variables). 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,422 Views)