LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report writing

sorry for the confusion my previous question caused. Thank you very much for your kind replies. Actually, I want to know, how to document on paper. Because I need to write a formal report abt my project. So any recommendations? What is your experience? Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)
Your'e probably looking at what's called a User's manual or specifically, a Software User's Manual. Its the worse part (IMHO) of a project for most software eng., but quite important still. It acts as the general 'How to' and has the following sections (at least): project scope, overview, history & future options, reference materials, software use (whats it good for), SW file inventory, funtional flow diagrams, interconnectivities, security issues, configuraton control methods, system capabilities/specs, how-to operate [run-to-stop], examples (captures) of screens, memory & data issues, dialogue messages and their meanings, any attachments, acronyms/glossary, quick-reference tables, etc., etc....

It takes days/weeks to make a good one; however, using La
bview's documentation tools (if you document your VIs good), the time can be cut down significantly.
Refer to any User's Manual (including Labview's) for examples. Also, I would imagine your company has standards for these types of docs - if not, you're in luck - you can make the standard.
Good luck, Doug
Message 2 of 2
(2,173 Views)