cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report of elapsed time

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all

Do we have this possibility in LabView as in MATLAB to have a report of elapsed time within each one of subVIs which are called by the main VI?

I have a timed loop which is not meeting the time constraint and I would like to know which part of the code is too much time consuming.

any suggestion?

Besr regards

Afshin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Af_Dk
There is Tools>Profile>Performance and Memory.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,728 Views)

Before you run your VI, do the following.

In the Tools Menu:

Profile -> Performance and Memory...

Then select "Timing Statistic" and/or "Timing Details". Click Start. Then run your VI. While it is running you can click "Snapshot" to get an idea of what is going on. Clicking Stop will give you the final timing details of your VI.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,724 Views)

Dear Dennis and Zenthoef

Thank you for your responses I would like to give you kudos but whatever I try I does not work I don't know what is wrong here.

However the output of "Profile" manager is some how weird because in some cases I have some subVIs which are runnig for a couple of seconds but the total time is less than this period I don't know how to interpret this output? I read the help but it says that total time equals to "Sum of VI Time and SubVIs Time, calculating the total amount of time"which is conflicting with what I see.

Any comment?

Best regards

Afshin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,704 Views)