From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generation toolkit does not work

Julien,

OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
Excel 2002 SP3
Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.1
Labv 8.2 Developers Suite

Is this the information you wanted ?

Regards
Christine
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,379 Views)

Centerbolt,

At the moment there is only one version of the report generation toolkit installed

I am not completely sure, but i don't think i had the previous version installed.

Most of the time, i had enough with the vi's, provided by the labview-installation itself

Regards

Christine

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,379 Views)

Christine,

The distribution CD with the toolkits on it should have a month and year printed on it.  Is it by chance November 2006?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,377 Views)

August 2006 i'm afraid

Regards

Christine

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,376 Views)

Christine,

Suggest you use misblast.exe (attached) to remove all installed instances of the Report Generation Toolkit.  Make sure that you don't have a copy installed under previous versions of LabView.  This toolkit does not always install properly if a previous version is already installed.  You should doublecheck the Windows regisitry to make sure there are no settings for this toolkit as well.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,373 Views)

As you proposed, i used msiblast.

There is only one Report Generation Toolkit installed

I have made some printscreens of the results msiblast produced

Maybe there are other things installed, that might cause this ?

Thanks

Regards

Christine

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,366 Views)

Christine,

Experimenting with my machine showed that the problem occured when I loaded a new version of the toolkit with an existing installation of a previous version.  I also encountered this problem with the State Diagram Editor. Even if the previous version was installed under LV7.x or LV8.0.  It seems that the installer does not work properly when it finds any signs of an existing installation of the toolkit on the pc.

Due to these problems with toolkits and the installer builder, I have abandoned running multiple versions of LV on same machine.  Very lucky that I do not have to support 7.x or 8.0 projects.

I just spent several days fixing a problem with the 8.2 installer builder.  In the end I had to remove all NI software from my pc, remove all NI references in the Windows registry and remove all leftover files and folders under c:\windows\program files.  I then reloaded the entire Developers Suite and all is well again for now. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,346 Views)

Thanks for the advice ! Not very encouraging though -)

Regards

Christine

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,336 Views)
Hey all,

Please read the article below if you want to install the (any) (Report Generation) Toolkit on a system which contains multiple version of LabVIEW. It requires some steps before you can install the toolkit with success to be used in the multiple versions of LabVIEW.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/58BE852CB35237C786256A290079DF39?OpenDocument

Kind Regards,
Wouter Van Hoof
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,324 Views)

Wouter,

I have tried the steps you suggested

Because i only needed the report generation toolkit in labv 8.2, i only performed these steps for labv 8.2.

In my case it is not a problem of using the report generation toolkit with several versions of labview. I do have several versions of labview installed but have no need to use the report generation toolkit for all of these versions.

I still get a broken arrow, with report generation toolkit

The attachment shows which example. The second image in the attachment shows the cause of the error.

It is a problem with the NIReports.report.

Can you look at it again please ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Christine

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,289 Views)