LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing a vi

Hi all,

I used a subvi in about 10 VI.  I want to change the location of that VI from c:\location1 to c:\location2.  What is the best way to do it?  I don't want to open such vi and edit them manually.

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,219 Views)

1.  With the Main VI open, open the subVI.  Do a Save As with the rename option.  Browse to the new location but let it stay the same name.  You will have to save the main VI since the location of the subVI has changed.

OR

2.  With all VI's closed.  Just move the subVI to the new location.  Open the Main VI, it will try to search for the subVI which it can't find because it's no longer in its original location.  When it can't find it, it gives up and asks you where it might be.  Go browse to the new location and pick the subVI.  Now save the main VI since the location of the subVI has changed.

OR

There are probably ways to do it with Project Explorer, but for me either 1 or 2 is simple enough as long as I'm clear what I'm moving from one stop to another.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,211 Views)

My problem is that I have for example 10 vi unrelated vi that use the subvi, which I would like to change the location of.  How can I do this without opening all 10vi?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,185 Views)

Ahhh!  It worked, but something bad happened.  For each vi, there are many subvi in it.  The subvis are still associated with the libraries that are no longer.  How do I fix that??  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,177 Views)

@jyang72211 wrote:

My problem is that I have for example 10 vi unrelated vi that use the subvi, which I would like to change the location of.  How can I do this without opening all 10vi?

You can't.  All VI's that call the subVI have to be opened and updated.

@jyang72211 wrote:

Ahhh!  It worked, but something bad happened.  For each vi, there are many subvi in it.  The subvis are still associated with the libraries that are no longer.  How do I fix that??  Thanks!

Let's keep any responses to that question in the other thread you started on that. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Super-series-broken-path-problem-HELP-HELP-HELP/td-p/1272728

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,164 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:
Let's keep any responses to that question in the other thread you started on that. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Super-series-broken-path-problem-HELP-HELP-HELP/td-p/1272728

Which is another copy of the original threadSmiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,159 Views)