LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing tip strip on front panel

I played with adding tip strips to certain buttons on the front panel.  That worked, but I decided I didn't want them there.  I removed the property nodes calling for them, but they still show up.  They even show up when I build an exe and run it on a computer that has never had it loaded before.  How can I remove these, since nothing in the code is calling for them any more?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,216 Views)
Do you still have them enabled in the Tools->Options->Front Panel section? If so they'll still show up as long as a control has a tip. You can programmatically disable them using the "Application:Show FP Tip Strips Property"
Message 2 of 5
(3,211 Views)
OK.  I disabled them under Toos/Options/Front Panel, and they went away when I run the vi.  They still exist in the exe when I run it, and when I do an install they still exist too.

I'm not sure what or how to find "Application:Show FP Tip Strips Property".
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,208 Views)
You can add the following line to the yourapplicationname.ini file that gets created when you build the application:
   showTipStringsOnFPControls=False
If you don't want to go through all your controls/indicators and remove the tips.

Programmatically the property is accessed using the VI Server functions (in the Application Control category):

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 03-30-200601:17 PM

Message 4 of 5
(3,199 Views)
Got it, I think that works for me.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,185 Views)