From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove custom scale in daqmx

I have a program that set custom scales for each channel in a daqmx task. Now I need to remove them programmatically. How can I do this? Can I set each channel's CustomScaleNames property to "Default Values"? What is the default values?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,459 Views)

I would suspect that if you want this to be temporary so that you can see the raw channel that you will have to read out the scale an offset and apply them to the signal to ge them back to their raw state.

If you want this to be perminate you will need to go to DaqMX and remove the sacel from the channel.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,458 Views)

The task was created without any custom scales. It is temporary to set the custom scales, and now I need to change it back to the initial no scale state. I guess I can read the scale before changing it and then apply them back like you suggested. I was just wondering what the "default values" are for that CustomScaleName property.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,456 Views)

The default is no scale. Are you rpogrammically adding them when you set up the task?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,454 Views)

You could post what you are doing that might help me understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,453 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

The default is no scale. Are you rpogrammically adding them when you set up the task?

Yes, I'm programmatically adding custom scales. If the default is no scale, then I can simply set the CustomScaleName to default values. There's such an option in addition to Read or Write.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,451 Views)

How are you setting your scales? Can you show me your code so that I can get an Idea of what you are doing?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,449 Views)