From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove control from tab order in labview

I have a whole bunch of controls, but I only want a few of them to be in the tab sequence. How can I remove the others from the sequence? I would still like the users to be able to manually select the control and edit it; just not be able to tab to it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,593 Views)
On your front panel, right-click on the control, goto to Advanced >> Key navigation >> Skip this control when tabbing.
Message 2 of 5
(4,593 Views)

This is good.

I too want to do this but I have indicators that I want to remove from the sequence (Waveform Chart, Error Cluster, strings...)

There is no Key navigation tab on the properties page for these Items. How do I get around this problem please? (Some of them are not even on the displayed part of the screen at runtime.)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,340 Views)
Obviously, the Skip this control when tabbing property is not available for indicators. They are skipped by default. Press Ctrl+M to switch the VI to the run mode (or run the VI) and then press Tab to convince yourself. Press Ctrl+M again to switch back to the edit mode.
Message 4 of 5
(4,321 Views)
I noticed that when I sorted out my FP correctly eventually. Thanks for clarifying.
CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,319 Views)