LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote panel connection exceeds maximum number of licenses

Dear Sir:

I used to use labview 7.0 Full version to develop my program. I found out that only one client is permitted for the remote panel connection for full version. Therefore, I upgrade to Labview 7.1 Developer Suite, which is allow 5 clients for the remote panel connection application. However, after I upgrade to Developer Suite, my build application still allow only one client for the remote panel connection application. The other clients still get the same message "Remote panel connection exceeds maximum number of licenses". How to fix this issue? Thanks

Best Regards.

Fred
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,768 Views)
Unfortunately, you've been misinformed.

7.1 still only has a single remote access license, so only one person at a time can view/control the remote panel.

Additional licenses can be purchased from NI at the following link.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/11017

You can get 5, 20 or 50 at a time.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 04-05-2005 02:01 PM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,765 Views)
OK, so I have to correct myself. The LabVIEW help does indeed say that the Pro Dev system comes with five licenses. Quote from the LabVIEW help below.

"The LabVIEW Professional Development System includes a remote front panel license that allows five clients to view and control a front panel remotely. You can upgrade the remote panel license to support more clients."

So either the help is wrong, or NI is not shipping the correct number of licenses with the pro system. You should call NI directly to see if this can be resolved.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 3 of 6
(2,758 Views)
No need to call..."NI directly" is coming to you.

I assure you that the PRO version of LabVIEW has access to 5 licenses for the remote panels. (this and the app builder alone are reasons to upgrade...but I digress) You will, however, need to activate these licenses. Go to your "NI License Manager" found from Start>>Programs>>National Instruments...and you will see a tree of all your NI SW. Under LV 7.1 you should see "Remote Panel Connections" and it will have a yellow traffic light. Right click this and select "Activate". You will then be in the activation wizard...once activated you will have 5 licenses and up to 5 simultaneous viewers.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Brett Burger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(2,745 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I already active my license and it works well. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards.

Fred
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,731 Views)
That's good to know Brett.

Somehow, that bit of info should make it's way into the Help file. Since the single license doesn't require separate activation, it should be mentioned. Unless it already is and I just can't find it anywhere.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 04-06-2005 12:48 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,726 Views)