LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote front panel

Hi, I'm new to labview. Now i have a program which is running in server mode. The application also build for the remote front panel. So my question is whether the client use the remote front panel to download the require file from the server to client computer under different 2 networks ? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,038 Views)

Remote front panel is for monitoring or controlling the front panel of vi in the browser.

Frequent snapshots of the vi can also be sent to the browser[Monitoring]

Please explain clearly.VI running in server mode means??? usingTCP???

File you want to download means, are you asking like FTP??

Also two different networks means?? not in LAN??

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,025 Views)

On the server make your application as a web service, stream your file on the network. On the client machines, make simple web page from which use can save file from server machine. 

2 different network, It means there are 2 servers and if they communicate each other, then you can share remote panel from one server and clients of other server can access it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,014 Views)

My main vi is just displaying data in graph where data are from MODBUS module which using LAN port. The main vi will gain all the data and generate a file (such as Excel file) after clicked a button. This file is generated at the server computer. With this function, i also published the front panel into web which is remote front panel. So now i want to generate the excel file by using another computer (client computer) access through the remote front panel to generate the file and the file is save to the client computer. The two different networks i mean was the server computer and the client computer is not connected under same network. So i want ask that whether remote front panel can do this function or not? If yes, then how to do it? Sorry that let you confuse

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,001 Views)

but my client server is using web browser such as internet explorer to browse the remote front panel. Can it possible to do that with create 2 server ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,000 Views)

Hi Puneet,

I have understood the web service part, but didnt try it anymore, let me give a try and come back.

Can you please explain more about Remote front panel between two servers?

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,998 Views)

You must have client and server in same network or internet, then only client can access remote panel.

Follow link: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4791

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,974 Views)

Hi Puneet

So if how about the client and server are not in the same network or internet, will the client can download file through the remote front panel ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,961 Views)

It is not possible when they are not in same network.Try to do port forwarding from router.

Also as puneet said, file transfer can be done with

streaming in web service

Aarthi
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,925 Views)