LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

references to Clusters in an array of cluster of Waveforms

hallo,

need to find  references for the cluster  in the Array.

Its a Array of cluster of Waveforms. Also the Size of array is variable  during operation   how  can I get  exactly the same size of  References as the size of array.

The array is added as snippet.

thanks Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,341 Views)

While this nugget is becoming dated it should give you some ideas.

Since then new functions for Variants have been added that make the work easier.

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,332 Views)

thanks Ben,

I went carefully thr' the nugget,

but I need Reference to each of the element of the array.  Then I take this reference and work on the contents , its a cluster this time it can be waveform the other.

Is there any way to get the array of references dynamically corresponding to the size of array...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,299 Views)

No Sir!

An array can differ in value only. All of the properties of an array are teh same as is the reference to the elements in the array.

That nugget includes code and I spoke of the odd thing I had to do to figure out the size of arrays and the odd gymnastics required to get an element of an array where I set the visablity of the array to only show a sinlge element and then set the index such that the element I wanted to read was showing. The array element reference onyl applies to the top left element showing in an array.

If that complicates your life, please expalin what you are trying to acieve, and post your code that does not work and someone here may be able to offer ideas.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,292 Views)

Hallo Ben,

yes I saw that. But I do not need the values of the array as of now. I need Reference to these values , so that I can feed them to my  AnyTypetoTDMS_Converter.vi  which   writes the   data in a tdms file.

I have an Array of Cluster of Waveforms. My Vi works  great with "Cluster of Waveforms"  now it has to work for an Array of"Cluster of Waveforms". The VI is write protected   and I can only provide it References to the  data and not Data.

This way if it  can work for any cluster or any data.

regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,254 Views)

Latter in that same thread there was mention of OpenG and MGI attempts at the same thing. You may want to look at those for inspiration and see how they approached the challenge.

Offering what I can and admitting my limits.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,251 Views)